Re: Questions about the "file-system-backend" parameter in GtkFileChooser

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 01:17 -0800, andy.wang0804 wrote:
> Recently, I start to learn GTK+. I have seen a code block :
>
> dialog = g_object_new (GTK_TYPE_FILE_CHOOSER_DIALOG,
>                          "action", action,
>                          "file-system-backend", "gtk+",
>                          "select-multiple", multiple,
>                          NULL);

this code is pretty evil and should not be used.

the :file-system-backend property was not meant to be used by
applications but by platforms shipping their own file system backend
module.

> there is a parameter called "file-system-backend" in the code. I have
> searched for the parameter in google and the documents listed in gtk.org,
> but can not find any further info about it. What I have got are this is a
> slot of GtkFileChooser and we can specify a file system for
> GtkFileChooser...

you simply don't. use the default file system implementation.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,