Re: How to set keyboard focus to a window?

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:54:26 +0530
"Harinandan S" <harinandans gmail com> wrote:

>Both the APIs set the focus to a widget if the mouse pointer is over the
>window containing the widget. Hovewer in my case mouse is not there and
>hence focus is not going to that window. Is there any other way to get the
>focus?
>
>gtk_widget_grab_focus(widget)
>gtk_window_set_focus (window, widget);
>
>Regards,
>Harinandan S

Search thru
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkWidget.html
for the word 'global'.

finding:
gtk_widget_is_focus ()
and
gtk_widget_grab_default ()

Also, your window manager has some settings on how screen focus
is handled.

You might be looking for a global keyboard grab?
It will completely grab the keyboard for your app.
See
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/gdk-General.html
and search for
gdk_keyboard_grab ()

Can you provide a simple code example explaining/showing what you want?

zentara

http://zentara.net/Remember_How_Lucky_You_Are.html