http://www.gtkforums.com/about826.html

I show 3 types of a dialog window.

One other thing you might want to read about when to use modal and how your dialogs and windows should act, read the Gnome Human Interface Guidelines: http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/
- Micah Carrick

  Developer - http://www.micahcarrick.com
  GTK+ Forums - http://www.gtkforums.com

Michael Lamothe wrote:
Hi Watchara,

I think the concept that you are looking for is called "modal".
Usually, the window on top is called the "child" window and the one
behind the child is called the "parent" window.

The child needs to be modal and have a transient window set to be that
of the parent.  Look at the "Modal:" and "Transient window for:"
properties under the "General" tab of the window properties in Glade.
Also, I found that I had to set the "Type hint:" to "Dialog".

Also, I think that there's a function gtk_dialog_run() that should be
called to display the child window in your case.

For more background reading see gtk_window_set_modal() and
gtk_window_set_transient_for().

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks,

Michael