Re: Getting row numbers

On 5/10/07, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 15:44 -0300, Alexandre Moreira wrote:

> Not exactly answering your question but, I noticed get_indices array
> should not be freed... so I imagine it is not a reentrant function. Is
> there a reentrant way to do that ? I'm not needing it right now but,
> perhaps I'll need in a future threaded project (yeah, I'm a bit
> paranoid, I know) :)

not really. the rule of thumb for threads + X-based GUI's is:

        either:
          a) do all GUI toolkit calls in a single thread OR
          b) explicitly lock any GUI toolkit calls

the ideas of threads roaming around freely calling that function ... it
would just indicate bad code design.

Hmmmm, thanks. I forgot about that, it wouldn't be called by
simultaneous threads anyways then :)

--p