Re: (severe) performance issues

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 22:02 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> To me, a GtkLabel is a 'label' (get it?). A label shouldn't change. It
> tells the user what a given piece of information is.

That doesn't make much sense to me. Information can change over time,
and it's normal to show this to the user.

If there's problem with showing changing information, at a rate that the
user can perceive, then maybe that can be dealt with as an option. I'd
be surprised if that requires an extra widget, though ABI compatibility
might convievably make that necessary.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com