Re: Usability of the GTK+ 2 file open dialog

David Necas (Yeti) wrote:
[...]
Either are those Windows people different species and think
and feel in ways incomprehensible to us (and I am not
convinced of this), or the problem lies somewhere else.  More
likely, they are confronted with free software in situations
that invoke their withdrawal reflex and make them complain
about just anything complainable, that is paricularly any
obvious difference.

Yes ! my sentiments exactly.

Michael L Torrie wrote:
> Really under Windows, GTK ought to be using the win32 file selector
> instead of it's own one.  That's what users expect.

Is it really ok for users to expect that ?

Will they continue expecting that when they install there very own
free GNU/Linux system with a GNOME desktop and toolkit ?

I think that everyone on this thread has great ideas about
usability and everything... lets all get together and make
GTK+'s file chooser the most kickass file chooser ever !

I can see it now... windows users will demand that applications
be ported to GTK+ just so they can use the kickass file chooser...
and then who knows ?

Cheers,
                      -Tristan