Re: Usability of the GTK+ 2 file open dialog

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 07:19:41PM +0100, Toby wrote:

> Detachable menus should also be turned off by default on Windows.
> To its users it just doesn't look right.

As far as I know menus are not detachable by default in Gtk+
(and the Gimp's are for a good reason).  It is funny how the
Microsoft Windows users are comfortable with any braindead
scanner control GUI where I cannot tell what _are_ the
controls, not speaking about what interactions are possible
and what they do -- but detachable menus just don't look
right.  Or is it really so?

Either are those Windows people different species and think
and feel in ways incomprehensible to us (and I am not
convinced of this), or the problem lies somewhere else.  More
likely, they are confronted with free software in situations
that invoke their withdrawal reflex and make them complain
about just anything complainable, that is paricularly any
obvious difference.

Yeti

--
That's enough.