Re: Usability of the GTK+ 2 file open dialog

On 3/7/06, David Necas (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 02:02:01PM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > And of course, nobody in this thread can remember the years of screaming
> > and whining about the old file chooser...
>
> With all respect to you, this is a bogus argument.
> A different file open dialog does not automatically mean
> a good file open dialog (note: I did not scream, it was not
> visually appealing but it was pleasure to use with keyboard).

No, but people in this thread were talking about reverting to the old
file chooser, as if that would improve things. It would just mean that
a different group of people would start to scream (and the intersection
of the screaming groups would probably be non-empty). People
just like to complain...

Matthias