RE: How do I update ONLY GLib?

Tristan, thanks for the tips.  Having my environment vars set as suggested
below however, my make is STILL spitting out an undefined reference to
g_file_set_contents.  (I redid the configure/make/make-install after
changing the env vars).  So for whatever reason, my make is still picking up
the old gfileutils.h.  It is probably some silly little oversight, but I
can't see it at the moment.

Regards -- Warren

I usually write a simple little script like this to build & test
stuff in an optional prefix:
===============================
PREFIX=/opt/gnome
PATH=$PREFIX/bin:$PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig

export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH

And then feeding in /opt/gnome to the --prefix arg of configure.

You should be able to test your glib in /usr/local by simply
typing "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib ./myprogram".

Cheers,
                     -Tristan