gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file not recognizing png file format

Title: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file not recognizing png file format

Hi,

I am designing a GUI to run on an arm platform.

I am creating a button and overlaying it with an image which can be either an xpm or png format - however it looks like the xpm and png file formats are not being recognized on the board - I get the following error when executing gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file():

Couldn't recognize the image file format for file for file '/mnt/run/button.png'

However, the same program works on a Linux machine (X11), and the pixmap is displayed correctly.

Any inputs on what may be the cause of the error?

Regards,

Varadaraj