Re: Rendering issues under Windows Terminal Services

Daniel Kasak writes:
 > I've developed a Gtk app ( Gtk2-Perl ) and installed it under Windows
 > 2000

Hmm, I didn't even know that Gtk(2)-Perl now works on Windows. Nice.

 > The application works *perfectly* when run 'normally'. When the
 > application is run through Windows Terminal Services, however, I get
 > strange rendering issues - parts of the window are black.

Can you reproduce the problem between two XP SP2 machines? I don't see
any display problem in gtk-demo running on another XP machine through
Remote Desktop Connection.

I don't have any Windows 2000 machines, but in case the problem is
specific to that, I could install Windows 2000 in a virtual machine
and use Remote Desktop Connection to that.

If you can reproduce the problem between two XP machines (or even if
you can reproduce only with the code running on 2000), do you think
you could distill the problematic application down to a very minimal
sample program in C that exhibits the same problem?

If the problem is specific to Gtk2-Perl you would have to contact the
people who brought that to Windows.

But anyway, please open a bug in bugzilla and attach screenshots and
sample program(s) (plain source code, no binaries thanks) to it.

--tml