Re: Opening dialogs outside the Gtk thread?

Dmitry Konyshev wrote:
gnome-vfs sources, file gnome-vfs-job.c, function job_notify. It adds idle handler, that calls the callback, to the main loop. It doesn't call the callback function by itself in its own thread.

That's good to know of course, thanks.

In other words, the crash occuring in my program may not be related at all to a synchronization error? That's really odd, because the problem goes away after locking the gdk mutex.

Heh, now I'm even more confused than before, since the error in fact shouldn't even occur! *sigh* I'll try to check with gdb from which thread it's called. Maybe it's an error in the C++ bindings to gnome-vfs, and not in my code.