Re: Opening dialogs outside the Gtk thread?

Matthias Kaeppler wrote:

I think this function pretty much shows why I think I do not know the whole story; it just doesn't make any sense to me that I need to lock Gtk for the one dialog, but not for the other. The only differences between the two dialogs are that one is non-modal and has been created (but not displayed!) in the main thread, while the other one is modal and has been created in place (see code).

Sorry, but I'm really lost here, any clarification on the behavior of Gtk+ in these situations much appreciated.

gnome-vfs seems to send its notifications in context of the main thread. I don't know how it happens that your function gets called from another thread.

wbr, Dmitry.