Re: Japanese Display for gtk+-1.2.9

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:22:12 +0800
Xyber Blue <xyberblue gmail com> wrote:

>>>If you have k14.pcf.gz (and -misc-fixed-...-jisx0208.1983-0 is
>>>included in fonts.dir file in the same directory), there might
>>>be something wrong in font accessing, althought gtk may know
>>>right font name. Checking by xlsfonts, xfontsel is needed.
>
>Yes, my X11 fonts contains these files. But is it necessary to have xlsfonts
>and xfontsel???I think this commands being removed to fit the X-server to
>our target board....

I understand you don't want to put commands like xlsfonts
into target board because the resource is limited and such
commands are useless for end users. But, I cannot guess
detailed status of your target board without repeating
atomic tests (like tests by xlsfonts etc). The complexed
applications like dillo are not suitable to guess, because
various wrong configurations cause same malfunctionalities.

Regards,
mpsuzuki