Re: Japanese Display for gtk+-1.2.9

By the way, Is there any file you've attached??? It seems that you forgot to attach it... By the way, the PC that we are comparing contains only an X-Server without gnome.... I have no idea on what japanese fonts should supposed to be installed. But if there is, can you send me the links on where we can download it???
thanks for your concer mpsuzuki

On 10/19/05, mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp < mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp> wrote:
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:52:47 +0800
Xyber Blue < xyberblue gmail com> wrote:

>>>How about text widget included in testgtk?
>In testgtk, the font selector and the file selector is tranformed into
>japanese from the PC side. But in out embedded target board, it
>display nothing.
>
>I don't think so if we lack fonts for this but the dillo can display
>japanese, only gtk widgets can't display.

I attached a sample of gtk+-1.2 font selector in well-Japanized status.
Your trouble is that Japanese text at buttons, tabs etc (which I enclosed
by red line), when it's excuted under LANG=ja_JP.eucjp? And, if you
execute aslike

        env LANG=ja_JP.eucjp LC_MESSAGES=C testgtk

correct English messages are displayed on buttons?

If so, I guess, the default fontset (which is used for text on the
buttons etc) defined by gtkrc is incompatible with available Japanese
fonts.

Please check available fonts for Japanese script (you can check the
charset by "Font Style" column of gtk font selector, search for
jisx0208 charset), check its "Actual Font Name" by "Font Information"
tab, and it is compatible with the default fontset of gtk (which is
defined in gtkrc).

Regards,
mpsuzuki