Re: regarding old feature in gtk 1.2 not in gtk 2.x

On Mon, 05 May 2003 22:56:37 +0200 Sven Neumann wrote:

> > I have grown accustomed to being able to dynamically modify
> > keybindings for menu items in gtk 1.2, but I have noticed that this
> > feature is not in the 2.x versions.  I was wondering if this was
> > intentional, or merely left out.

>   [...]
>
>    - Editing of menu accelerators by pressing an accelerator over the
>      menu item is disabled by default. To enable, it, add:
>
>       gtk-can-change-accels = 1
>
>      to your ~/.gtkrc-2.0
>
>   [...]

Unfortunately this doesn't work for Gnome2 applications that are using
libgnomeui (maybe all?  I'm not sure ...).  But the cleaner ones of
those (I think of galeon here) have a xml file with the menu structure
and the accelerators in /usr/share/gnome-2.0/ui (debian).

I'm not sure either if these were left out for ease-of-use or
anti-confusion reasons or maybe just accidentally...

regards,
michael