Re: regarding old feature in gtk 1.2 not in gtk 2.x

Hi,

Glenn Washburn <glenniii mail utexas edu> writes:

> I have grown accustomed to being able to dynamically modify
> keybindings for menu items in gtk 1.2, but I have noticed that this
> feature is not in the 2.x versions.  I was wondering if this was
> intentional, or merely left out.

from the GTK+ README:

* As compared to GTK+-1.2, the default configuration of GTK+-2 has been
  stream-lined to reduce confusion on the part of new users or users
  coming from other environments.  Users used to older versions of
  GTK+ may want to make some adjustments to the default configuration.

  [...]

   - Editing of menu accelerators by pressing an accelerator over the
     menu item is disabled by default. To enable, it, add:

      gtk-can-change-accels = 1

     to your ~/.gtkrc-2.0

  [...]

Sven