regarding old feature in gtk 1.2 not in gtk 2.x

I have grown accustomed to being able to dynamically modify keybindings for menu items in gtk 1.2, but I have noticed that this feature is not in the 2.x versions.  I was wondering if this was intentional, or merely left out.  Please anyone with the authority/inclination consider this a feature request.  I am not on the list, but if anyone wishes to reply to my email they are welcome.

Glenn