Re: Where the hell is gtk-config?

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 21:41, Frank Hrebabetzky wrote:
> So I'll tell you what I did this sunday. Tried to install gnome-libs-1.4.2
> from source. ./configure ended with the lines
>
> --- snip ---
> *** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
> *** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> *** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
> *** full path to gtk-config.
> configure: error: GTK not installed
>
> But GTK is installed. I searched the GTK directory for a file named
> gtk-config - nothing. PREFIX: same. I searched /usr - nothing. I searched
> the web - nothing I could understand. Finally I installed the whole chain
> of programs again:
>
> pkgconfig-0.15.0
> jpegsrc.v6b
> libpng-1.2.5
> tiff-v3.5.7
> glib-2.2.1
> pango-1.2.1
> atk-1.2.0
> gtk+-2.2.1
>
> Then gnome-libs - same result as above. Any hint for a better sunday next
> week?

gnome-libs-1.4 requires GTK+-1.2; you apparently only have GTK+-2.x
installed. (GTK+-1.2 and GTK+-2.x are set up so that they can be
installed at the same time.)

Depending on what you are trying to do, it's possible that installing
the GNOME-2.2 libraries instead would be a better solution.

Regards,
                                                  Owen