Re: GTK 2.0.3 with GTK 1.2.10

On Sun, 02 Jun 2002 23:40:26 PDT, Patrick Kellaher said:

> Well it seems that it was the version of libpng (1.2.3).  Whatever they
> did to the API really screwed things up. libpng 1.0.13 works just fine.

Wanna guess how come I knew the answer to this one? ;)

> After compiling both linpng 1.0.13 and 1.2.3 and installing both things
> seem to work fine.  Pan can find the versions it needs (both GTK1.2 and

libpng 1.0.13 and 1.2.3 are *supposed* to use different .so numbers (I think
so.2 and so.3) so they *should* co-exist quite happily.  Famous last
words - I found out about it when I had a copy of Enlightenment that was
sucking in so.3 (because it had been compiled against the "current") *AND*
had a copy of libpng.so.2 pulled in *as well* (courtesy of a library that
hadn't been recompiled (imlib I think).  Let me tell you, I don't get
a warm and fuzzy feeling when different versions of the same library show
up in the output of 'ldd' ;)

Very Bad JuJu indeed.  Amazingly, only thing that broke was PNG transparency.
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer