GtkObject in gnome-utils/Gnome-Calculator

Hi,

In gnome-utils/Gnome-calculator has both GTK_OBJECT_CLASS destroy call
:gnome_calc_destroy(GtkObject * gobject),  and G_OBJECT_CLASS finalize
:gnome_calc_finalize(GObject * gobject).
GTK_OBJECT_CLASS is deprecated and there is no destroy call in
G_OBJECT_CLASS.  I would like to know why the destroy call is still
retained. Isn't finalize a substitute for destroy?

Regards,
Yogeesh MB.

Kevin wrote:

Hi Yogeesh. I hate to do this, but you should probably ask on the gtk-list
mailing list since this is a very general porting question. I'm not familiar
with the changes needed to port from GtkObject to GObject so the gtk list
will give a better answer.

Regards,
Kevin