problems with the redraw of widgets and callbacks with long operation time

Hi,

In my program I have a window where I select a VRML file to load, press OK and in the button callback, I hide this window and call my function to read the VRML file (I use CyberVRML97 for this).

The problem is that my GTK+ application seems to be freezed during the load. The main window doesn't care about my "expose_event" callback until the load ends.

I don't like this behaviour,  how could I avoid this?

Thanks in advance,

Ignacio Nodal