scrolling gtktextview

I add lines at the end of the textview and would like it to scroll down to
the bottom so I can see the new lines. But I can't get it to work. I
tried:

  gtk_text_buffer_get_end_iter (buf, &iter);

  gtk_text_view_scroll_to_iter (view, &iter, 0.0,
				FALSE, 0.0, 0.0);

but the does not scroll all the way, it can leave 5-6 lines that are not
visible after scroll. Next attempt is to have a mark in the very end of
the buffer and doing

  gtk_text_view_scroll_mark_onscreen (view, mark);

but this have similar problems as the first try.

The last thing I tried was to get the GtkAdjustment out of the
GtkScrolledWindow. When I set this, then it works. But if flickers so
badly that it's not usable.

I don't understand why I can't get the gtk_text_view_scroll_xxxxxx to
work.

--
/Dennis