Re: drawing area resizes when rulers are added or removed

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 08:35:54PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Fool with gtk_window_set_policy(); you may have auto_shrink turned on
> for example?

What worked was this -- grabbing the comment I added to the
code:

/*
 * Retrieve the size of the drawing area before the axes are added
 * or removed, and then set the da size afterwards using those
 * dimensions.  This prevents plots that have been reduced in size
 * from suddenly being resized up to the original default size.
*/

(I only wish I had explained all the odd bits in my code so clearly!)

Debby