Re: statically linked GTK+ & glibc libraries

Daniel Ding wrote:
> But my Makefile looks like this:
>
> LIBFILE=-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lpthread -lm `gtk-config --libs gthread`
>
> How should I change this? Does it matter for compiling? such as:
>
> mainwin.o: mainwin.c webfone.h
>    $(CC) `gtk-config --cflags` -c mainwin.c

Hi Daniel,

If you can, maybe you should think about switching to the automake/autoconf/etc.
tools, they make Makefiles much easier to maintain (I think).

Comment out your LIBFILE line, and work out what it all expands to. On my
machine, this would be:

LIBFILE = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lpthread -lm -L/usr/local/lib \
	-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule \
	-lgthread -lglib -lpthread -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm \

Now insert the static/dynamic pairs around all the dodgy looking libraries. In
my experience, you need to statically link against:

	-lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -lgthread -lglib

and no others. Your mileage may vary :-)

John