Re: HScale vs. VScale vs. Scale w/ "orientation"

On 24 May 2001 23:08:25 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net> writes:
> > Now we're talking about the scales anyway.
> >
> > Will it have support for multiple sliders (like my example widget I had
> > some time ago)? And will the code be more understandable? :-)
>
> Well, I wrote the new code, and I understand it far, far better than
> the old code. What this implies about how well others will understand
> it, I'm not sure. ;-) I think it's probably a good bit better. The old
> code was just insanity.

I surely hope it is ;-)

> I remember you trying to write a multiple-slider widget, but I don't
> remember what it looked like or what it was for. Did you have a
> screenshot?

http://ronald.bitfreak.net/scale.png
Basically, I use it for scene trimming of a video (so cutting parts off
the the beginning/end of a video scene). Gimp also uses such a widget
(multiple sliders) for some color conversion thing (I don't know exactly
anymore). And probably more people would find it useful (I hope :-) ).

Ronald

--
-   .-.
-   /V\   | Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>