Re: What's the "Hangul shaper"? Sounds like a power tool...

<skip pobox com> writes:
> (well, the TextBuffer object is broken
> IMHO and always contains at least a carriage return)

This is a Broken On Purpose - even documented to work the way it does,
IIRC. I agree it's broken, I've known about it for half a year, Tk is
broken in the same way - and it's just really hard to fix, and so we
are declaring the bug a feature. I can't really justify spending a
week on changing this behavior. :-(

>     ** WARNING **: Character not handled by Hangul shaper: 0x0410d

This is just a cheesy bug in Pango, I think Owen may have fixed it (we
were improperly loading the Hangul shaper module for non-Hangul text
IIRC). If you're getting this from CVS, then it's not fixed though...

Havoc