Re: What's the "Hangul shaper"? Sounds like a power tool...

    >> (well, the TextBuffer object is broken IMHO and always contains at
    >> least a carriage return)

    Havoc> This is a Broken On Purpose - even documented to work the way it
    Havoc> does, IIRC. I agree it's broken, I've known about it for half a
    Havoc> year, Tk is broken in the same way - and it's just really hard to
    Havoc> fix, and so we are declaring the bug a feature. I can't really
    Havoc> justify spending a week on changing this behavior. :-(

I don't suppose there's a bug filed against this that describes the problem
and why it's not easily fixable, is there?  I never have much luck searching
bugzilla.gnome.org.  Generally the only response I get to a search is "Zarro
boogs found".

    >> ** WARNING **: Character not handled by Hangul shaper: 0x0410d

    Havoc> This is just a cheesy bug in Pango, I think Owen may have fixed
    Havoc> it (we were improperly loading the Hangul shaper module for
    Havoc> non-Hangul text IIRC). If you're getting this from CVS, then it's
    Havoc> not fixed though...

I'm a little behind on rebuilding and updating from CVS.  I had things
working for awhile, but apparently got fooled by recent releases of libtool,
automake, autoconf, etc and bodged things a bit, so I'm probably three or
four weeks behind the curve now on rebuilding.

Thanks for the feedback.

Skip