Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk or Xhost problem with linuxconf

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:32:10 EST, you said:
> Are you sure that will work all the time?  I was under the impression the MIT
> Auth keys were re-created periodically when you start X.

Usually at each restart of the X server.

And of course, when the server restarts, your clients go 'Urp' anyhow
unless they take REAL pains to avoid folding when the X connection goes
away.

I've never actually *checked* if a subsequent XOpenDisplay() will work
if the .Xauthority has been updated for the new incarnation of the server,
but XEmacs manages to open windows on multiple displays so it must be
doable at least in theory...

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst