Re: gtk-term widget?

> The gtkhtml package comes with a Bonobo component, and it comes with
> printing that uses gnome-print, but the widget itself is not dependent
> on GNOME.  Try "grep gnome *.[hc]" in the source directory and see
> that only the printing and bonobo files even include gnome.h.

In my book, that makes GtkHtml dependant on Gnome.  It doesn't matter how far
down the dependencies are.  If GtkHtml depends on Bonobo, and Bonobo depends on
Gnome, then GtkHtml depends on Gnome.  <Unrelated>  The Gnome-print project is
doing one helluva job!  I love you guys.  Now change it to gtk-print and I'll
shut up. :)

> So, yet another piece of "GTK getting absorbed by GNOME" conspiracy
> theory evidence ruthlessly destroyed. Who's up next? ;-)

Now Havoc, deflecting != destroying.  You keep saying 1.4 which is still a long
way off.  You say "conspiracy theory" like we're weird, or against you, or
both.  I'm just looking out for my favorite toolkit, and my soon-to-be
livelyhood.  Although I can accept weird.

> Since gnome-libs is on all the Linux distributions with a remotely
> intresting marketshare, and these will be 95% of your users if you're
> doing free software, this is a pretty wrong statement.

Really?  Now what you're not saying is that on Slack and Suse (and others?) you
have to explicitely select them or they will not be installed.  :)  To the
newer crop of users that's just as bad as not being on the CD.  Redhat is the
only distro THAT I KNOW <disclaimer> that defaults to installing Gnome in all
install options.

Matthew