Re: [gtk-list] Re: again with GTK static linking

Owen Taylor wrote:

Rostedt, Steven" <steven.rostedt@lmco.com> writes:

> > Second Note:
> >   Has anyone ever gotten GTK compiled on AIX 4.1 ?
>
> Well, somebody posted a report of successful compilation on
> 4.3, at http://bugs.gnome.org/db/49/4976.html, though note
> that the configure flags for glib there are bogus - they
> are either not necessary or harmful and a straight 'configure'
> should work as well.
>
>  (except maybe for the --disable-shared flag .. though he doesn't
>   mention using --disable-shared for GTK+, so I think that
>   might be bogus as well.)

Using AIX 4.3.1, I had no problems once I used --disable-shared.
Admittedly, having only static libraries affects some more than others,
but I've been doing this for awhile, and that is as close to the
original ./configure with no args as I can get (and that is usually a
good thing). Use --disable-shared for both glib & gdk/gtk.
As Owen says, the other flags are not necessary and may/may not
cause problems.

There may be a way to even get shared libraries working (I have
a feeling there is) but it's important to me that my application
*is* statically linked, so I never pursued it.

Good luck,

	Brian