Re: [gtk-list] Re: again with GTK static linking

Owen Taylor wrote:

> "Rostedt, Steven" <steven.rostedt@lmco.com> writes:

> > Here's my problem.
> >
> > I compile with:
> >
> > gcc -o mytool mytool.o -L/opt/local/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib \
> > -Wl,-Bstatic -lgtk -lgdk -lglib -lgmodule -Wl,-Bdynamic \
> > -lXext -lX11 -lm
> >
> > And I receive the following errors:
> >
> > Undefined                       first referenced
> >  symbol                             in file
> > dlclose                             /opt/local/lib/libgmodule.a(gmodule.o)
> > (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
> > dlsym                               /opt/local/lib/libgmodule.a(gmodule.o)
> > (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
> > dlopen                              /opt/local/lib/libgmodule.a(gmodule.o)
> > (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
> > dlerror                             /opt/local/lib/libgmodule.a(gmodule.o)
> > (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
> > ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mytool
>
> Your problem is that Solaris doesn't allow dynamic loading from
> a statically linkend executable.

That's partially correct. Solaris doesn't allow dynamic loading from a
statically linked executable, but he is not trying to make that kind of
executable. He only wants to link in GTK libs statically. Adding -ldl
at the end of linking invocation above should do the trick.

Things might look a bit awkward, but it should work.

--
 .-.   .-.    I don't work for my employer.