Re: Advanced gtk_file_selection widget

Can I assume you're the maintainer of the original file selection
widget? Perhaps the people authoring the advanced_gtkfilesel and
yourself could get together rather than have a "let the best dialog
win". The work they've done so far is certainly impressive and still
very much similar to the original since it's basically the original
widget extended and enhanced. They've gone a long way in keeping the API
the same so no applications would be broken. I'm using their latest
version and have suffered no confusion whatsoever and from the looks of
it, altering it to look for certain file extensions automatically
depending on the app (like Abiword looking for just the files it can
handle or Gimp looking for just the images it can edit) looks to be a
simple task...

Mike