Re: Advanced gtk_file_selection widget

http://students.cs.byu.edu/~torriem/gtk/ and specifically
http://students.cs.byu.edu/~torriem/gtk/files/advanced_gtkfilesel-0.2-1.i386.rpm
(you need to log off and log back on after installing for it to work -
it just provides a PATH to it rather than the original widget which
remains intact, just unused) is a pretty cool file selection widget I
hope ends up in the base Gtk distro. I especially like being able to
choose the file mask - many of the directories I have are full of files
of different types and trying to pick out a particular type in the mess
can be a pain - with the new widget all I do is type the extension with
a wildcard and hit enter and all the files with that extension show up -
ie *.jpg - whether it ends up becoming part of the main distro is
anybodies guess - who decides that stuff anyway?

Mike