Status bar confusion

I have a draw area and a status bar below.  I need to put the xy coords
on the status bar to sho the location of the mouse.
Here's what I've done so far:

gtk_signal_connect_object(GTK_OBJECT(status_bar)
                          ,"motion_notify_event"
                          ,(GtkSignalFunc) motion_notify_event
                          ,GTK_OBJECT(draw));

static gint motion_notify_event( GtkWidget *widget,
                                 GdkEventMotion *event )
{
  int x, y;
  static guint    context_id = 0;
  GdkModifierType state;

  if (event->is_hint)
    gdk_window_get_pointer (event->window, &x, &y, &state);
  else
    {
      x = event->x;
      y = event->y;
      state = event->state;
    }
  gtk_statusbar_remove(GTK_STATUSBAR(widget),context_id,
  return TRUE;
}

What i'm confused about is the context_is and the message_id
for the pop and remove.  I believe I want to doa remove because
I don't need that "stack" to grow.  Its data will be changing all the
time.
 I put no massage in the status bar when I allocated it.

Please forgive the rookie questions :)

=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+
           /___/
Texas Instruments ASIC Circuit Design Methology Group
Dallas, Texas
214-480-4455
bpatton dal asp ti com