re: GDK

  Hello,

> 1. Where can you draw stuff? (Any widget->window?)
> 2. How do you erase stuff?
> 3. How do you make drawings stick? (If I cover the window, the drawings
> dissappear.)
> 4. Why can't one say "Draw a #00aaff line"? (Expain the details of the
> color argument of gtk_draw_XXX(...))

  I have a little gtk-perl program that displays an image (from a
file), and does some rudimentary drawing/erasing on it : adds some
lines, some text.

  Rudimentary, because drawing is done by xor-ing the grey-levels. So
drawing a second time erases.

  Certainly not the best way, but the only one I found (I'm open to
advice).

  I do not recall having your 3rd and 4th problems : once something is
drawn, it remains there. The tutorial mentions potential problems of
that kind, though, I probably just didn't encounter them (how lucky).

  Would you like a precise description of how I do it?

  Etienne