Re: [gtk-list] Re: GDK

Owen Taylor wrote:

> Rob Huffstedtler <rob@bagpipe.com> writes:
>
> > Yes, but the GDK docs are currently very incomplete.  Perhaps more
> > importantly for someone new to GTK+/GDK, the tutorial is practically
> > bare when it comes to GDK.
>
> Yes, GDK isn't very well documented yet, but since people
> seem to miss it frequently, I'll point out that there
> _is_ a section in the tutorial about GDK:
>
>  http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/gtk_tut-23.html
>
> The title "Scribble, A Simple Example Drawing Program"
> may be deceptive.
>
> Also, the GDK section of the RDP http://www.gtk.org/rdp/gdk/book1.html
> is coming along - the sections on Coloramps, Visuals, Pixmaps,
> and Fonts are pretty much complete.
>
> Other than that, the Xlib documentation is a useful reference.
> GDK calls very frequently map 1-1 onto Xlib calls.
>
> Regards,

My incomplete game (URL below) does the following:

- allocates some colours (graphic contexts with pens that are red,
green, etc.)
- simple drawing (rectangles, circles, lines, points)
- image drawing with gdk_imlib

You can see how I've done some of that. It should all be confined to
these files:

ufe/graphic_manager.cpp
ufe/simple_draw_visitor.cpp
ufe/mini_view.cpp
ufe/main_view.cpp

It may give you some ideas.

--
SEGV  -  http://www.cgocable.net/~mlepage/
Features Minion real-time strategy game, RTS game programming info,