Re: [gtk-list] Re: GDK

> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Pavel
>
> PS: Please understand that GTK is my first and only stab and X
> programming, and I'm trying to accomplish some pretty involved GUI tasks.
> The lack of thorough documentation wastes a lot of my time and forces me
> to re-write major parts of my code over and over again. The only reason I
> have the balls to whine is that I'm guessing many people are in the same
> position. No one's complaining really, and thanks for developing a
> wonderful toolkit!

I agree wholeheartedly.  What GTK is really lacking is an application
framework, which makes it possible for rapid application development.
I'm thinking about the Doc/View model introduced in the book by Gamma, et
al.  I always have to write all this code by hand when I write an app, and
it's always the same code.... such a waste of time.

Chad