Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK and Qt comparison?

Sascha Ziemann <szi@aibon.ping.de> writes:

> The LGPL does not require the same license for the whole program. That
> is the reason why most libraries are LGPL code. You can use LGPL code
> in which program you want. You can use it even in a proprietary
> program.

However, you must distribute your program in a form that allows the
user to replace the LGPL'd library with a modified (but binary
compatible) one.  I.e., you must distribute object files or linker
libraries so that the user can do the final link himself.  Shared
LGPL'd libraries are fine for this, I think.