Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk & Gnome

On Mon, Nov 30, 1998 at 10:10:29AM +0100, D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon wrote:
> g@ZandiNi.ml.org wrote:

> > Tell me if I am the only one experiencing this problem
> > I installed Gtk/Glib 1.1.5 over 1.1.3. Then all of sudden
> > gtk_clist_moveto didn't work. and gtk_clist_set_policy function
> > was gone! (won't even compile. I looked at the gtkclist.h, and
>
> I posted a similar question(s) last week and they passed
> unanswered which is not good as it hinders my developing of
> GTK applications.
>
> I use gtk_clist_set_policy() in my 1.0.5 program but was
> told it wouldn't compile in 1.1 because the function is not
> there. I also indicated that while setting the hscrollbar
> policy to automatic it wouldn't work as expected unless set
> to ALWAYS. The question remains, which function or functions
> replace gtk_clist_set_policy()? I think it is an important
> API function so I don't see why it is gone.

CList and CTree have lost their scrollbars. If you want to make
CList scrollable you should create a scrolled_window first and
add the CList to it. Then you can you gtk_scrolled_window_set_policy.

E.g. look into testgtk.c :

static void
create_clist (void)
{
[...]
      clist = gtk_clist_new_with_titles (TESTGTK_CLIST_COLUMNS, titles);
      gtk_widget_show (clist);
      scrolled_win = gtk_scrolled_window_new (NULL, NULL);
      gtk_scrolled_window_set_policy (GTK_SCROLLED_WINDOW (scrolled_win),
                                      GTK_POLICY_AUTOMATIC,
                                      GTK_POLICY_AUTOMATIC);
      gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (scrolled_win), clist);
[...]
}

bye,
  Lars