Re: Gtk & Gnome

g@ZandiNi.ml.org writes:

> Hi,
>
> Tell me if I am the only one experiencing this problem
> I installed Gtk/Glib 1.1.5 over 1.1.3. Then all of sudden
> gtk_clist_moveto didn't work. and gtk_clist_set_policy function
> was gone! (won't even compile. I looked at the gtkclist.h, and
> that function wasn't there)

See docs/Changes-1.2.txt

> so I uninstalled 1.1.5 and reinstalled 1.1.3. gtk_clist_moveto
> worked fine, so did gtk_clist_set_policy.
> However, now I try to compile gnome-lib 0.30.1,
> it says :
>
> gnome-color-selector.c:186: parse error before `GdkEventDropDataAvailable'
> gnome-color-selector.c: In function `color_dropped':
> gnome-color-selector.c:188: `data' undeclared (first use this function)
>

> GdkEventDropDataAvailable should be defined according to the gtk
> documentation, but when I did rgrep GdkEventDropDataAvailable,
> it wasn't declared in any of the .h files that comes with gtk.

This also is mentioned in docs/Changes-1.2.txt. The DND API
was completely rewritten fairly recently.

The versions of GNOME in the CVS repository have been updated to work
with current GTK+, but GNOME 0.30 won't work with current GTK+. There
should be another GNOME release out in a week or two, if you don't
want to deal with CVS.

Regards,
                                        Owen