Re: [gtk-list] Interesting GTK questions...

"D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon" <emilio_tunon@nl.compuware.com> wrote:
> 4. Is it possible to associate a color icon (XPM) to the
>    window in iconified state? if so how?

unless I understand things horribly wrong, this would be done with wm hints.
testgtk has an example for that, though I'm not sure whether it uses a color
or b/w icon.

> 6. Has anybody written an AfterStep wharf application using
>    GTK instead of plain Xt?

not yet, but I'd be VERY interested in that. actually, I am planning to
write a (GNOME) panel replacement that looks and works more like a wharf. I
just consider the nextstep way so much superior to the windoze/startmenu
way. interested in joining forces?

> 7. Should I expect considerable changes in my app to make it
>    GNOME-compliant?

compliant - no. but if you want to take full advantage of gnome, you'll have
to change somewhat. menus and help stuff, mostly, plus a couple smaller
changes.

--
why I prefer Linux:
tom@lemuria> uptime