Re: [gtk-list] Interesting GTK questions...

>  1. I am thinking to integrate gmodule into my 1.0.5, is that
>     possible? it seems independent of the rest so I don't think
>     I need 1.1 for that, right?

Why not use 1.1 instead?  1.0 is getting kind of old, and 1.2 is not
too far away in time.

>  2. If I have a pixmap on my window and want to change it dynamically
>     (sort of *simple* animation), would that be possible with
>     plain gdk/gtk? how does one switch one pixmap to the other?
>     how soon does the change takes into effect?

If you are using GtkPixmap, you can use gtk_pixmap_set() to change
it.  If you are using GnomePixmap, you can use any of the
gnome_pixmap_load*() functions.

>  3. Having a pixmap on the window (not a canvas!) would it
>     be possible for me to modify a few of the pixels by myself?
>     in particular I want to change their color.

Yes, just paint on the Gdk pixmap and force the pixmap widget to
repaint itself.

>  4. Is it possible to associate a color icon (XPM) to the
>     window in iconified state? if so how?

You can use gdk_window_set_icon().

>  5. Is there any substantial/functional difference between a
>     dialog window and the main window? I ask because I am
>     thinking of just having a tiny (suitable for AfterStep)
>     window as my main window and handle the rest as a dialog.
>     I don't expect that to alter the behaviour of my application,
>     or...

Dialog boxes are usually marked as transient for some other toplevel
window.

>  6. Has anybody written an AfterStep wharf application using
>     GTK instead of plain Xt?

I have no idea :-)

>  7. Should I expect considerable changes in my app to make it
>     GNOME-compliant?

Not too many.  I think you should make it a Gnome application from the
start; you'll save yourself plenty of code and you'll gain consistency
with the rest of the Gnome desktop.

  Federico