Re: Compiling gtk 0.99.4 on FreeBSD...

> > checking for gtk >= 0.99.4... no
> > configure: error: Cannot include/link gtk/gdk/glib--check CFLAGS/LDFLAGS
> >
> > I figure this means that GTK has not been properly installed on my
> > machine, but I ran configure, make, and make install without a hitch... or
> > so I thought.
>
> Yes, I had this problem too. It was solved by setting CFLAGS and LDFLAGS,
> e.g.
> CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/gtk/include (or wherever your gtk-4 includes are)
> export CFLAGS
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/gtk/lib (or wherever your gtk-4 libraries are)
> export LDFLAGS
> ./configure

I've tried setting CFLAGS to -I/usr/local/include/gtk
-I/usr/local/include/gdk
and suitable variations thereof.
I set LDFLAGS to -L/usr/local/lib, the only place I could find any
gtk/gdk/glib libs.  I still get the same error when I configure (even
though I can see my changes takeing hold when the scrip tests gcc etc.)
Are the includes and the libs the only thing configure is looking for?

   Josh Emmons...j-emmons@sjca.edu
    Numeric stability is probably
     not all that important when
           you're guessing.