Re: [gtk-list] Re: Compiling gtk 0.99.4 on FreeBSD...

> > > checking for gtk >= 0.99.4... no
> > > configure: error: Cannot include/link gtk/gdk/glib--check CFLAGS/LDFLAGS
> > >
> > > I figure this means that GTK has not been properly installed on my
> > > machine, but I ran configure, make, and make install without a hitch... or
> > > so I thought.
> >
> > Yes, I had this problem too. It was solved by setting CFLAGS and LDFLAGS,
> > e.g.
> > CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/gtk/include (or wherever your gtk-4 includes are)
> > export CFLAGS
> > LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/gtk/lib (or wherever your gtk-4 libraries are)
> > export LDFLAGS
> > ./configure
> >

> I've tried setting CFLAGS to -I/usr/local/include/gtk
> -I/usr/local/include/gdk
> and suitable variations thereof.
> I set LDFLAGS to -L/usr/local/lib, the only place I could find any
> gtk/gdk/glib libs.  I still get the same error when I configure (even
> though I can see my changes takeing hold when the scrip tests gcc etc.)
> Are the includes and the libs the only thing configure is looking for?

Don't forget to add the X11R6 paths:

CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/gtk/include -I/usr/X11R6/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/gtk/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib"

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl