Re: [gtk-list] OffTopic: Re: Excuse me for mentioning the unmentionable, but...

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Marin Purgar - PMC wrote:

> The point would be allowing people running M$ Win to easly port (and use)
> GTK applications.
>
> Are we trying to do the same thing M$ does? Something like: "If you *want*
> to run GIMP you *have* to get Linux (or any other *X with GTK)!"

The port of gtk+ to MS Windows is Somebody Else's Problem. Should you wish
to make it your problem, that'd be cool, but I think most of the People
Who Code would rather work on worthwhile stuff (i.e. enhancing gtk+ to be
cooler) than worry about porting it to a fundamentally broken OS.

-- Elliot
When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...
	...not yelling and screaming like the people in the back of the
	   plane he was flying.