OffTopic: Re: Excuse me for mentioning the unmentionable, but...

>On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>
>> Surely somebody has thought about the feasibility of, or even tried,
>> porting gdk and gtk+ to Win32? (I don't mean just using the X11
>> libraries under Win32, but native Win32 graphics API. No MFC of
>> course.) What is the biggest problem? The Win32 color model is quite
>> different from X11's, isn't it? What about keyboard and mouse focus
>> related differences? If somebody has any helpful hints, or even
>> partial attempts, I would be grateful for them.... I might try to port
>> it myself. (Don't hold your breath, I am talking about a timeframe of
>> half a year at least.)
>
>What would be the point, other than making yet another application
>framework that wraps around the windows API?

The point would be allowing people running M$ Win to easly port (and use)
GTK applications.

Are we trying to do the same thing M$ does? Something like: "If you *want*
to run GIMP you *have* to get Linux (or any other *X with GTK)!"

bb4now,
PMC