[gtk-list] Re: OffTopic: Re: Excuse me for mentioning the unmentionable, but...

Elliot Lee writes:
 > On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Marin Purgar - PMC wrote:
 > The port of gtk+ to MS Windows is Somebody Else's Problem. Should you wish
 > to make it your problem, that'd be cool, but I think most of the People
 > Who Code would rather work on worthwhile stuff (i.e. enhancing gtk+ to be
 > cooler) than worry about porting it to a fundamentally broken OS.

Sure. I wasn't suggesting that the People Who Code gtk+ would need to
have anything to do with it. One can only wish, though, that *if* a
gdk and gtk+ port to Win32 gets under way, they approve of including
the diffs in the main gtk+ source repository (I know, sprinkling code
with #ifdefs isn't going to look nice, but hopefully those will mostly
show up just in gdk.). Surely we don't need a split of the gtk+
sources into a version with Win32 #ifdefs and one without.

If gtk+ is (continues to be) well written, modular, well layered etc
(is it?), the Win32 stuff should be visible only in the lower layers,
shouldn't it?

--tml