RE: [gtk-list] Re: GtkFontSelection v0.6

> Further comments:
>
>  - The registry and encoding filters should be combined. Logically,
>    one doesn't think of iso8859 and 1, one thinks of iso8859-1.
>    (And there is very little use in just viewing fonts in a paricular
>    registry, and none in just viewing the fonts in encoding '1')

My limited knowledge of X fonts causing trouble again!
I thought that perhaps for fonts for a certain language,
e.g. Korean, there might be one registry but several encodings,
so just selecting the registry would be useful.

>  - I'd still like to have some way of indicating whether there
>    is a non-empty filter in effect from the main page. My original
>    idea, to have a "clear filter" button (disabled when no filter)
>    in the left hand corner of the dialog, is made a bit difficult
>    by the division into two widgets, but perhaps something like
>    that could be implemented.

There is a toggle button below the fonts list. It only becomes sensitive
when a non-empty filter is set, and is active/pressed when the filter
is in effect. Maybe its not obvious enough!

> > I had to use gtk_entry_adjust_scroll() since sometimes the text in the
> > preview disappeared. Maybe it should be declared in gtkentry.h
>
> I have no idea why this function is public. It shouldn't be.
> If you can reproduce how you got the text to disappear, I'll fix it
> in gtkentry.c.

It happens after you select a 2-byte font, and then a normal font.
(You might be able to see it in earlier versions of GtkFontSelection < 0.5?)
It seems as if the text has scrolled off to the left - you have
to do a Ctrl-a or drag the mouse off the left of the entry to see the
text again.

Damon