Re: [gtk-list] Re: A bug in GtkCombo, and a moan about it!

> > The bug may be really a bug in GtkList: When the button on the
> > combo-box is pressed, a list of options appears. However, when you click
> > on one of the options, your keypress doesn't get "eaten" by the list, and
> > whatever happened to be "under" the list also gets the click!
>
> Key press or button press? In any case, I can't seem to reproduce
> this with testgtk - do you have an example or step-by-step recipe
> for this?

Sorry - I meant button-press.
I had a case where the combo-list fell off the bottom of the program's
parent window. As it happened, it obscured fvwm's "desktop view" gadget (sorry,
I don't know what else to call it - the thing that shows you a "map" of
all your active windows, even the ones on parts of your virtual desktop
currently not visible).

When an item from the combo-list was selected, the button-press was also
seen by the desktop gatget, which paged fvwm to another part of the
desktop!

I'll try and make up a demonstrator for you tomorrow.

> > Am I alone in thinking that GtkCombo's behaviour is a bit weird....
>
> You'll be happy to know that it currently works this way in the
> 1.1 branch.

I'm happy! Thanks for the news.

--

Steve                                       | Steve's law of House Rewiring:
S.Hosgood@swansea.ac.uk                     | "No matter how many power sockets